Monday 15 August 2011

We have pickled onions !!

After brining the small white and red onions from our allotment overnight last night, I came home from work this evening and rinsed them in plenty of cold water and then followed the basic pickled onion recipe from a booklet that I picked up from somewhere a few years ago.



I added a recommended twist to the jar along with the onions and the vinegar - black peppercorns and a sprinkle of some really hot little dried chillies that we were given as a gift and which seriously blew my head off the first time I used them in my cooking!  So I went really careful with those! 

Here are the little darlings resting on the Welsh dresser until around the end of October, when I shall be cracking into them with glee! 



How, I ask myself, am I going to be able to resist until then???

1 comment:

Anne said...

Roll on October bet they will be fabulous!