Wednesday 10 August 2011

Curd samples ready to go!

Not sure if anyone has noticed, but I have been making quite a bit of fruit curd lately, and our fridge has literally started to groan under the weight of it all.  Luckily for said fridge, my printed labels arrived today for some of the curds, and I already took delivery of the small sample jars last week.  So this evening I have been sterilising, packing, cooling and labelling to my heart's content! 

The first three flavours to be tucked away in their new homes are the St Clement's, the strawberry and the rhubarb.  Here are the little beauties in all their splendour, nestled together on our dining table, just waiting to be devoured.


To say I am pleased with them is an understatement.  I think they look really cute.  I really do need to find a stainless steel jam funnel that will fit into the neck of the jars though.  The one I have is exactly the same size as the jar necks, so it was a bit fiddly keeping that still whilst ladling the curd in without getting the stuff all over the place!  Added to the fun element of it all I suppose.  Well that's what I'm telling myself anyway!

Thanks go to C Wynne Jones who supplied these really cool jars.  http://www.cwynnejones.com/  When I start making my curds on a grander scale (soon I hope!) I will have to upgrade to jars that are a bit more substantial, but for the time being, to give folk a little taste of things to come, these little jars I think are the perfect vessel for giving away little tasters of my stuff.

No comments: